Pool remodeling is a major undertaking that requires careful consideration. We’ll walk you through everything you need to know before you make the big decision.
Benefits of Pool Remodeling
While remodeling your pool is a big project, it has big payoffs for years to come. Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider renovating your swimming pool:
- To increase property value: Remodeled pools often sell for more than those that need repair.
- To make the most out of your investment: A new pool only has an average lifespan of 15-20 years before it needs major repairs (and that’s if you take great care of it). Enjoy your pool to the fullest by creating a design and landscape that you love.
- To save on water usage and costs: Newer models require less water and result in lower monthly utility bills. Capitalize on the latest energy-efficient components to reduce your carbon footprint and your bills.
- For safety purposes: Older pools can be unsafe, especially for young swimmers. Make sure your pool is up-to-date with current safety standards.
- For new technology options: New pool designs and installation options have so much to offer, including innovative lighting and fire features that turn your backyard into a nighttime paradise.
- For aesthetic purposes: If you’re tired of looking at an outdated or worn-down pool, then it’s time to give your backyard a complete makeover.
Drawbacks of a Pool Remodel
Remodeling your pool can have a couple of disadvantages, including that it can be a lengthy and expensive project. It can take weeks to months to complete, depending on the size of the pool. And while most homeowners know that going in, it can be challenging to be patient during the construction process.
However, it’s important to remember that the end product is worth the investment. Work with professionals you can trust, so you can have clear lines of communication and stay in the loop with deadlines. And while it’s never easy to have an ongoing construction project on your property, remodeling your pool is much easier to handle since the work is completed outside rather than inside your home.
When is it Time to Remodel?
The time to remodel your pool has come if your pool is outdated and showing clear signs of significant wear and tear: cracked walls, continual repairs, extensive resurfacing issues, insufficient safety features, outdated designs.
Or, you might just be ready to invest in something better and more modern to increase the value of your home and enjoy your pool even more!
What Features Should You Consider in Your Pool Remodeling Project?
There are several elegant features you should consider to transform your pool.
- Spa Area: Adding a jacuzzi to your swimming pool can increase your sense of relaxation or enhance your outdoor parties.
- Larger Pool: If you’re remodeling and have plenty of space, consider increasing the size of your pool. You can never go wrong with more space!
- Custom Resurfacing: Work with professionals to create the pool surface of your dreams, choosing custom tile and color options to reflect your taste.
- Water Features: Many different aesthetic options help you achieve the perfect vibe for your backyard, from modern water accents to rock waterfalls.
- Fire Features: Don’t underestimate the beauty of mixing elements. Including a fire feature poolside boosts your pool from beautiful to breathtaking.
- Lighting: Numerous fun lighting options amplify design accents or create a desired mood for your pool.
Work with Professionals You Can Trust
Now that you know the benefits and options for pool remodeling, it’s time to make your backyard a place you love! Contact Pool Icons today to create the pool of your dreams!